Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Position Application Letter Draft #3

Blk 12 Pizza Street
#12-34
Singapore 567890
3rd February 2010
Singapore Zoo
80 Mandai Rd,
Singapore729826
Tel: + 65 6269 3411
Dear Sir/ Madam,


Junior Animal Management Officer


I am enclosing my resume in response to your advertisement for the above post which appeared on the Singapore Zoo website on 1st December 2009.

I have recently graduated from the National University of Singapore (NUS) with a Bachelor of Science degree in Life Science (Specialization in Biology). I consider that the study of Biology appropriate for the above post, particularly the course on Life form and function which explores the development of animals and plants. This module has allowed me to understand the various types of plants and animals and their various functions, which I believe is vital for this job. Moreover, I have handling animal experience as I have carried out research on animal behaviour. In addition, I am trained in writing scientific reports, which I consider essential for the job. Besides my academic studies for the past three years, I have also worked part time as a music teacher and a private tuition teacher. I feel that this demonstrates my ability to maintain dedication, motivation and enthusiasm for a project over a long period of time.

Studying at NUS gave me the opportunity to go to Toronto for a summer program, and being alone overseas has taught me to adapt to different circumstances and it has built my confidence in networking with people. Furthermore, being vice-director for an event organized by the Outdoor Activities Club in NUS, I had to liaise with various companies for sponsorship and recruit members into the event. This has helped me work on and improve my interpersonal communication skills as well as leadership skills. In addition, working as both piano teacher and tuition teacher has taught me responsibility in terms of taking charge of my students’ studies and finding the initiative to develop new ways of teaching to interest them. All these I trust would be very valuable for the job.

From reading your press releases I am assured that your work with wildlife, as well as conservation efforts is highly regarded in the community. I understand that the zoo is moving towards an open educational concept aimed to effectively convey facts about the animals and messages about wildlife conservation. Which I have a passion for conservation and hope that I would be able to make a difference in society together with your company. I am willing to go out of my way to widen my knowledge in conservation as well as animal management. I believe that the post of junior animal management officer would be worthwhile and challenging and am eager to learn valuable skills to make a difference in your company. I hope that you will look favourably at my application.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,


Miss Tiffany Seow

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home